A Bachelor's Degree and 5 to 8 years of experience is desired.
Successful candidate will be able to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. This position is primarily based in Dover, Delaware but some travel to New Castle County is expected.
Please contact us if you are interested in this role or if you have further questions.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI and UX and the differences between the two, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility standards, general web functions and best practices.
- Must be able to take a high fidelity web design mockup from a PSD or Adobe XD file and translate it into usable code.
- Design and implement websites from initial concept, site architecture, and user interface to finished deliverable.
- Experience WordPress development including theme and individual template development, plugin tweaks, new feature development.
- The position requires constant communication with the internal GIC team.
- Candidate must also be able to work independently, as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to websites and applications.
- An ideal candidate will also have a passion for connecting citizens and communities to the programs and services they need.
- 5+ years of HTML 5 experience with cross-browser design and implementations, proficient crafting pages, knowledge of W3C standards.
- 5+ years of CSS3 experience building libraries using transitions and media queries. Knowledge of preprocessors LESS and SASS.
- 3+ years of WordPress related experience building custom themes, templates, functions and plugins.
- 2+ years of PHP programming experience, object-oriented programming, database driven applications, consuming API’s on LAMP environment.
- 4+ years of extensive experience with Bootstrap framework and Font Awesome (or similar) libraries.
- Experience or knowledge as a user experience (UX) designer is a plus.
- Understanding of cross-browser testing tools or platforms.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Search Console is a plus.
- Experience using team collaboration platforms like Wrike, Trello or similar platforms.
- Experience with CSS Grid.
- Experience developing website with accessibility best practices and standards.
Apply for Front End / WordPress Developer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this oportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search