The position is primarily focused on Windows Desktop Performance with strong knowledge in performance analysis, performance remediation, automation and proactive monitoring, Windows and application performance optimization for our corporate and store assets. The position is highly technical and hands-on with a focus on laptop and desktop environments.
The ideal candidate should independently perform all aspects of analysis, performance testing including baseline configuration, baseline performance, test script creation, scenario design, test execution and test analysis using our system management solutions. The goal of this position will result in an optimal performing laptop and desktop eco-system.
All candidates should have very strong technical foundation as well as a strategic mindset, good communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with others.
The responsibilities we are seeking should provide detailed computer performance, alerting, monitoring, configuration management, configuration and setup, technical analysis, evaluations and implementing recommendations that improve the overall management, support and operations for effective and ultimate performance of systems and services.
Manages, escalates, and resolves more complex technology service issues for devices and associates. Facilitates issue resolution between internal IT teams and external IT business partners.
Manages support solutions and applications to resolve operational issues, performance issues and support issues. Facilitates the development of standard operating procedures and processes for support entities using these solutions, both for corporate and store technology environments.
Terms - 12 month contractor position After Hours Work 2nd and 3rd shift work required at times - will do right to hire
Open = Immediately
Interview Process: On-site or over phone - 2 interviews one with manager, one with technical resources within the End User Services Team.
Position Summary: End User System Performance Engineer
Wawa is currently looking to add a senior Desktop Performance Engineer for our End User Services team.
Manages, escalates and resolves complex technology service. Participates in the design of new technical solutions based upon business requirements. Facilitates issue resolution between internal IT teams and external IT business partners.
End User Technology Specialist works with the IT and business department managers to define goals, outline approaches and make adjustments within the constraints set to achieve business objectives. Leads technical and business resources to ensure results conform to quality, time and budgetary stipulations. Maintains an appropriate relationship with customers, business partners and other business associates.
1. Client is currently looking to add a senior Desktop Performance Engineer to their End User Services team.
2. Builds and maintains a scalable, portable, configurable automated testing framework designed using scripts, automation and other methods
3. Conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability
4. Enable on-going scalable optimization of our laptop and desktop environments
5. Include optimization of operational services, including but not limited to
6. Work with testing, QA and developer teams to develop performance test plans and cases
7. Analyze test results and coordinate with development teams for bug fixes
8. Generate test summary reports for management review.
9. Analyze root causes of performance issues and provide corrective actions
10. Suggest new tools and techniques to improve testing efficiency
11. Develop automated test scenarios and environments for performance testing
12. Review and recommend improvements to existing test procedures
13. Report defects found in testing diligently, promptly, and accurately
14. Manage Operations for Performance Engineering lab environment.
15. Reproducing customer Performance issues in our labs.
16. Design and build intelligent test systems that can simulate production traffic load
17. Compare and contrast system performance with varying levels of physical resources (RAM, CPU cores,
18. Disk caches, Network and compute nodes
19. Measure, report, and recommend performance Response Time Guidelines/SLAs
20. Windows Desktop General Engineering and Hardware evaluation
21. Creation of Desktop, Laptops, Virtual machines Performance Baselines for Windows and MAC Desktop Platform
22. Evaluation and use of benchmarking, performance and load testing tools
Desktop Performance Requirements:
o Microsoft Certification(s)
o Office 365
o Ivanti Certified
o SCCM Expertise
o Proactive Monitoring
o Network + Certification
o Microsoft - Active Directory - Group Policy
o Office 365
o Airwatch | inTune - MDM
o McAfee - Symantec
Apply for Infrastructure Engineer
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search