Install Validation Technician works with the IT and business department managers to help implement solutions, outline approaches and make adjustments within the constraints set to achieve business objectives. Assist IT and business resources to ensure results conform to quality, time and budgetary stipulations. Maintains an appropriate relationship with customers, business partners and other business associates.
We are seeking an individual with technical skills support, operate, and enable optimal device and node stabilization while offering our installation and implementation teams specific support and management for our infrastructure within 957+ stores over a 6 - 12 month time period.
The position will be split between day time and night time shifts with a 80\20 split. 80% 2nd and 3rd shift and the remaining 20% during normal business hours.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to checking hardware, software and support entities prior to major installations occurring within our corporate and store environments.
**The main focus of this position will be to follow a stringent check on store and corporate specific incidents, support tickets, hardware status and software status prior to an installation occurring two weeks prior, one week prior and day before installation is scheduled.
***Focal point of this position = Checking hardware, software, and status of store devices and infrastructure prior to installation within scheduled stores. Resolve or escalate issues to fix them prior to scheduled installation.
***Individual technical skills will include the ability to log into Microsoft Windows operating systems, leveraging system management software to remote check devices, follow Standard Operating Procedures, reviewing support tickets, opening requests for changes, reviewing asset information, and escalating any issues or out of specifications devices to hardware or software assigned groups.
A+ or Network+ Certification
Microsoft Desktop Certifiactes a plus
5+ years of related work experience
Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to non technical Associates
Positive attitude with a focus on Customer Service
Excellent analytical abilities
Ability to be on-call 24/7 when required
Good organization, time and stress management skills
Strong multi-tasking abilities
Must be able to work well under pressure and make informed decisions
Achieve certifications in multiple appropriate strategic technologies. Examples include:
Microsoft Office 365
Network + Certification
Apply for Validation Technician
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search