Job Summary: Client is seeking an Information Security Architect Contractor is responsible for maintaining and improving the information security architecture program by ensuring that information assets and associated information systems are adequately protected in the technology ecosystem in which Clients operates. This role performs all day-to-day operations, functions and capabilities relating to technology security architecture. The role serves as a subject matter expert in the areas of Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance, NIST CSF, and general information security best practices across all technology domains. The Information Security Architect is responsible for operating and improving Clients technology security architecture processes to secure and maintain Clients technology. As a secondary duty, this role will support incident response processes and partner with the Information Security Engineering and Information Security Risk and Compliance to support enterprise security practices.
1. Ability to maintain and exude a positive attitude by committing to new ideas, being enthusiastic about life and work, showing mindfulness, and being helpful to others across the organization.
2. Proven experience creating defensible, secure technology architectures.
3. Ability to work well individually and in a team environment.
4. Ability to influence and motivate information technology and business teams to achieve tactical and strategic information security goals.
5. Ability to learn on the job.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate information security and risk-related concepts to diverse audiences.
7. Up-to-date knowledge of methodologies and trends in both business, information security and IT.
8. Proven track record and experience in developing information security architectural concepts and designs.
9. Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
11. Ability to understand large, complex technology implementations spanning hundreds of physical and virtual environments.
12. High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
13. High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision while being resilient to change.
14. Ability to be on-call 24x7x365 rotation for information security incidents.
1. Minimum of 5 years of experience in a complex technology environment, working in the Information Security Architecture and/or Engineering field. You have a proven track record for building and deploying secure technology.
2. Strong understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
3. Degree in technology-related field preferred, or equivalent professional experience.
4. Professional security management certification is desirable, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), GIAC Defensible Security Certification (GDSA), or other similar credentials.
5. Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, Critical Security Controls, and NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
6. Expert knowledge of information security concepts and technologies such as: networking (LAN, WAN, VPN, SDN, SASE), network segmentation, vulnerability scanners, firewalls, IPS\IDS, network analyzers, data loss prevention, security event management, encryption technologies, proxies, endpoint security, authn/authz, container security, etc.
7. Strong understanding of cloud and application security principles.
8. Experience securing large cloud deployments using a multi-account organizational structure.
Experience and strong understanding of the DevSecOps and SAFE Agile working metho
Support the Information Security Architecture Department
1. Design and assess enterprise-class security systems for a production environment’s information systems, networks, and data. Produce detailed security architecture artifacts.
2. Facilitates alignment of security solutions across the enterprise.
3. Defines, plans, and maintains defensible security architectures.
4. Produces security reference architectures and blueprints.
5. Partner with Information Security Engineering team, Enterprise Architecture and Engineering team, and participate in Architecture Review Boards by providing security expertise to guide development of secure architectures.
6. Work with teams to develop, align, and implement security standards and frameworks within overall business and technology strategy.
7. Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats.
8. Design security engineering and architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge.
9. Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements.
10. Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
11. Lead the operation of the information security management framework and update based on industry standard frameworks and lessons learned.
12. Work with the Enterprise Architecture and other IT teams to ensure that information security requirements are built into architectures and new technology projects.
Provide Strategic Support
1. Assist the Manager of Information Security Engineering and Architecture and Information Security Architecture Lead with the development of the organization’s information security vision and strategy.
2. Assist in developing metrics and reporting framework to measure the effectiveness of the program.
3. Partner with the Information Security Risk and Compliance team to support the development and maintenance of Clients technology security policies and standards and ensure their application to technology architectures.
4. Assist Information Security Risk and Compliance with ensuring the ongoing compliance with both regulatory obligations and internally developed policies and standards.
5. Work with Information Security Risk and Compliance and Incident Response teams to develop threat models for new and existing technology.
6. Assist Information Security Engineers in development of tooling to provide preventive, detective, and reactive security configuration validation and correction.
7. Assist in implementation of technology related to third party vendor engineering and architecture programs and ensure inclusion of applicable information security requirements. Assist Information Security Risk and Compliance team in validating vendor contracts meet security requirements.
8. Provide support to Information Security Incident Response team during cyber incidents.
9. Assist with planning and execution of information security testing for all areas of the technology operating environment.
Serve as Security Liaison
1. Maintain internal networks among information security, information technology, audit, legal, and HR teams to ensure support and alignment on initiatives. Create internal network across IT functions.
2. Maintain external networks consisting of industry peers, ecosystem partners, vendors, and other relevant parties to address common trends, findings, and cybersecurity risks.
3. Act as technical consultant for internal business teams and the IT department to plan, implement, and support new and existing technologies. Serve as an expert in technical field of knowledge.
4. Participate in the evaluation, investigation, technical deployment, and testing of new technologies to enhance Clients information security infrastructure.
5. Support audit and assessment process for IT including annual PCI audit, IT general controls review, and any other audits or assessments of security and general IT controls.
6. Provide project management, technical assistance, and strategic vision for technical security services.
7. Provide information security expertise and guidance on IT and business-related projects as required by the business. Lead and/or participate in IT and security related projects.
8. Work effectively with business units to facilitate information security engineering and architecture requirements and advocate information security best practices.
Apply for Information Security Architect
Fill out the form below to submit your information for this opportunity. Please upload your resume as a doc, pdf, rtf or txt file. Your information will be processed as soon as possible.
Return to IT Job Search