The Network Administrator position is responsible for voice, data, intranet, extranet, wireless and converged communications. The employee must have sufficient technical skills in multiple networking disciplines, and is expected to provide hands on support as required.
This position is ultimately responsible for all aspects of network administration, implementation planning, testing, network security, performance management and ongoing support. The employee provides direction with expertise in LAN, WAN, WLAN, VoIP, and Telecommunications. Employee coordinates with the Assistant Director of Technology in the evaluation of system networking needs and recommends improvements and modifications to existing infrastructure. Employee is responsible for understanding and managing client expectations.
1. Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree required (or equivalent experience), preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems.
2. Five to seven years of Information Technology experience in network administration and/or network architecture areas performing installations, configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, and maintenance of various network devices.
3. Strong prior experience with Cisco equipment and network design practices required. Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification or equivalent knowledge preferred.
4. Strong knowledge of infrastructure requirements and components of local and wide area networks.
5. Knowledge and experience with structured cabling standards and design practices.
6. Solid understanding of OSI Data Model, IP addressing, Subnetting, and VLSM.
7. Ability to troubleshoot complex network issues.
8. Experience with and understanding of routing protocols and platforms (Cisco preferred).
9. Experience in switching platforms (Cisco preferred).
10. Experience in Firewall and VPN Configuration (FortiNet and Palo Alto Firewalls preferred).