Job Summary: The POS Systems Analyst is a key team member responsible for the documentation and support of POS systems, Fuel control system and credit authorization processes. The position provides customer support to the core areas of Store Operations, Fuel Pricing, Fuel Operations, Call Center, Marketing, Treasury and Sales Audit.
1. Utilize analytical and problem solving skills to investigate, research, document and resolve technology issues and user problems in a timely and courteous manner. Escalate problems as required.
2. Maintain support documentation with up to date processes and procedures.
3. Support batch/data polling processes.
4. Act as secondary customer request interface for services. Evaluate and prioritize incoming service requests via ticketing system and/or vendor incident systems (if applicable).
5. Provide operational support and analysis by investigation, documentation and resolution of technology issues.
6. Participate in and make recommendations in the development and maintenance of processes and procedures and standard operating procedures.
7. Provide effective communication to development and user community regarding issues, solutions, planned meetings, etc.
8. Proactively share new learnings with others to improve organizational efficiencies.
9. The ability to apply critical thinking and troubleshooting techniques to arrive at a root cause for technology issues by utilizing various log files, SQL queries and 3rd party tools.
10. The willingness to learn how to create automated alerts and monitors in 3rd party tools.
11. Facilitate issue resolution between internal IT teams and external IT business partners. Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with vendor partners and other business associates.
12. Interface with Engineers, Business Solutions, Architects, Contact Center and the OCC.
13. Delivery projects in a timely manner with a high degree of quality.
14. Communicate with other IT teams to ensure project requirements are met.
15. Provide leadership and continuous improvement of standards to enable a more customer focused, responsive department. Provide coaching and guidance to other team members. Provide constructive suggestions as to recommended training, work approach and procedures.
16. Be able to support a rotational schedule of 7 continuous days of off hour support.
1. Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills
3. Excellent customer service skills
4. Ability to work with little or no supervision
5. Detail oriented and strong organizational and time management skills
6. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
7. Excellent interpersonal skills
8. Ability to be on-call 24/7
9. Ability to handle multiple projects
10. Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
11. Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to new situations
12. Offers technical expertise, feedback or advice as a valuable resource to others
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a technical discipline (e.g., engineering) preferred
2. 1+ years of related work experience
3. Knowledge of standard support development frameworks and methodologies
4. Familiar with multiple technologies (e.g., Windows OS, Office suite )