POSITION TITLE: RWA Scientist Programmer( Real World Analytics)
DURATION: 1 Year (potential for extension)
1. Experience and familiarity with real world data (electronic health records or healthcare claims)
2. Experience and familiarity with statistical programming tools such as SAS
The Real-World Analytics (RWA) Scientist uses data and methodological expertise to develop study and protocol designs and statistical analysis plans (SAPs) for the analysis of existing complex health data sets, including real-world data (RWD). This work is conducted in collaboration with Scientists in the Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO) organization, and other colleagues as part of matrix teams. These teams work to translate evidence needs into a robust program of studies to support appropriate access to and evidence for medicines.
The RWA team is working with our colleagues in IT in the coming year to migrate our RWD assets from servers located on premises to cloud. As such, it is expected that RWA team members will be pulled away from their core work to support that effort, and a small contingent workforce will be needed to conduct analytics on RWD held internally according to SOPs.
The responsibilities listed below outline the scope of the position, which is a blended ‘Scientist/Programmer’ role.
Design and Analysis
• Author specifications for analytic data sets for all RWA activities (rapid data queries (RDQ), retrospective observational studies, and other studies) to ensure appropriate interpretation and implementation of analytic design, in collaboration with RW Data Management and Programming (RWDMP). Review resulting deliverable(s) for accuracy/completeness
• Develop programs to extract study population, exposure, outcomes and covariates of interest to create analytic files across activity types (rapid data queries, simple/complex descriptive studies, analytic studies), inclusive of data management activities, i.e., merging and linking of data sets, data cleaning
• Develop and execute programs to perform analysis of complex health datasets based on programming specifications document/protocol/statistical analysis plan
• Ensure documentation is appropriate regarding data manipulation, statistical analysis, reporting
• Author, maintain, finalize, and archive project delivery documentation for in-sourced studies in accordance with SOPs where appropriate
• Perform quality control (QC) of work products from other colleagues
Communication of Results
• Effectively share outputs from programming activities with study teams in collaboration with the RWA Scientists
• Contribute to final report, summarizing outputs from programming activities
Leadership and Teamwork
• Maintain currency with programming methods as applied to existing complex health datasets for research
• Plan and manage programming activities to deliver all data analysis outputs to expected timelines and quality (e.g., analysis datasets, tables, figures and listings, study reports, and publications)
• MSc in a quantitative discipline such as epidemiology, health economics, health services research, health informatics, biostatistics, or engineering
• 2 years of experience working with RWD for use in pharmacoepidemiology and/or health outcomes research with good practical knowledge of biostatistics applied to clinical/epidemiological research
• 3 years of experience in statistical/analytic software (e.g., SAS, R, IHD)
• Fluent in written and spoken English to effectively communicate and able to articulate complex concepts to diverse audiences