Our client is looking for a permanent employee to join their Workday team.
The Senior Data Analyst and Report Developer is responsible for partnering with each corporate function and business unit along with our client’s HR Systems team to optimize the use of Workday data and applications, specifically through the analytics, reporting and planning modules. They will foster an overall data culture focusing on the right metric, in the right format, to the right person. Build and maintain a governance structure around our data and reporting; lead the strategy behind the delivery of our data, how, what, when, and who will receive the data to ensure we are delivering actionable insights to drive people and company performance.
• Serve as a Workday data and reporting subject matter expert providing best practices and standards.
• Develop and maintain simple to complex reports, including matrix and composite reports, utilizing Workday Report Writer, Report Designer and Prism, as well as other organizational tools and available technologies with a focus on design and performance.
• Develop complex calculated fields, maintaining the standards and integrity of the data.
• Create and maintain standardized real-time dashboards displaying key metrics and insights for People Team and business leaders in a visually appealing manner; utilizing the full analytics suite.
• Communicate complex information so that it is easy to understand and influences others to act based on the information provided.
• Work with business partners and People Team COE’s to document report requirements, design, develop and deliver reports.
• Lead the preparation and delivery of complex HR reports; manage project deliverables and milestones and specified project tasks.
• Identify test scenarios, develop test scripts, and provide key support in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Help monitor the effectiveness of reporting products, modify current reports, or operationalize new reports as needed.
• Partner with the HR Systems team on leveraging Workday and executing implementation plan for bi-annual upgrades to the reporting, analytics and planning areas.
• Collaborate with other architects and technical leads on design and implementation to construct and manage multiple datasets from various sources to incorporate into analytical and predictive reporting.
• Partner with Analytics team members on the strategy and development of metrics, reporting and dashboards based on business strategy and insights; establish checkpoints with functional and executive leadership throughout enterprise on results and impacts.
• Act as a main stakeholder within the data governance program to maintain and enhance data quality.
• Understand and ensure security and data privacy standards are followed.
• Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
• Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization both orally and in writing
• Exceptional relationship building and leadership skills; proven ability to build consensus, develop strong relationships at all levels within the organization
• Ability to work with little or no supervision
• Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, ability to deal with large data sets
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
• High degree of professionalism and confidentiality
• Ensure clear accountability for roles and responsibilities.
• Ability to conduct root cause analysis using and applying metrics, interpreting statistics, and problem solving
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; Master’s degree a plus
• Certifications in the following a plus:
Advanced Report Writer
Report Designer (BIRT)
Prism Analytics and Discovery Boards
• 3+ years of advanced Workday reporting
• 5+ years of experience in data validation, analysis and forecasting
• 3+ years of experience with visualization or analyzation tools (Tableau, Power BI a plus)
• 1-3 years of experience in HR discipline or as a HR Generalist preferred